National Focal Point Network in Aero-acoustics
Coordinator: Urban Emborg
List of partners
Saab AB (Sweden)
Volvo Aero (Sweden)
Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden)
Creo Dynamics AB (Sweden)
Sontech AB (Sweden)
B&K (Denmark and Sweden)
Within the frame of X3-Noise a network of National Focal Points (NFPs) has been established together with appropriate resources tailored to their specific national (or regional) situations. They act as individual subtask leaders, implementing a common workplan which supports the recurring activities described in Workpackages 1, 2 and 3, but also take over a specific set of actions aimed at improving the integration of the research community.
As a summary, the responsibilities of the NFPs include:
• Identify network participants (Industry, Academia, SMEs)
• Consolidate expertise mapping with a pro-active approach towards SMEs
• Inform local researchers on aircraft noise research strategic priorities
• Identify novel Ideas
• Identify national programmes and potential input to future EC projects
• Participate to international conferences and organise local dissemination
• Identify alternative sources of support for training and education related research work through exchanges of personnel and bilateral cooperation opportunities.
A central element of the NFPs activity consists in the organisation of meetings and local workshops, which involves two-way communications and the development of a local information exchange process. Another key element is to identify new expertise, with a serious focus on SMEs that could offer training opportunities for students. The workshop is also a good occasion to identify novel ideas, concepts and approaches. The expected output from this process is a research more focused on key priorities adjusted to local expertise, and thus easier to integrate in collaborative EC projects thanks to their well identified scope and added value.
If you want to take part in the network for the Nordic Region please get in touch with Urban Emborg.
Workshop March 23rd 2011 in Linköping
A workshop will be held at Creo Dynamics AB on March 23rd 2011.
Contact Urban Emborg for information.
Phone: +46722 220557.