Acoustic Liners and Associated Propagation Techniques
The 1st Scientific Workshop of X-NOISE EV, also named the 15th CEAS-ASC Workshop, was held in the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, on October 13-14, 2011. Local organization was provided by Hervé Lissek (EPFL). The scientific committee was co-chaired by Pénélope Leyland (EPFL) and Cécile Deslot (EPFL).
Hervé Lissek acted as the Guest Editor of a special issue of the International Journal of Aeroacoustics dedicated to the workshop. The workshop was also co-sponsored by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 80 participants coming from 21 countries attended the workshop.
There were 27 contribution papers presented in six sessions which were entitled:
- Novel liner concepts, passive and adaptive
- Measurement of liner impedance, techniques and applications
- Analytic, numerical and empirical methods for predicting liner impedance
- Analytic, numerical and empirical methods for predicting the effect of liners on far field sound pressure
- Optimization of liners to reduce community and/or interior noise